- Tuesday - Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Weekends & Holidays 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Mondays（If Monday is a holiday the following day）
- Book maintenance: Final Friday of every month
- End of year holidays
- Other：Book checks
- 15 minute walk from JR Nishi Gifu station
- Gifu bus
From JR Gifu station take the Kano-Danchi line for Ichihashi, get off at "Kenbijutsukan" and walk for 3 minutes.
At the Library
- Freely use the books lined up in the reading area.
- When looking for a book, use a search station or ask the staff at counter 2.
Borrowing and Returning
- When borrowing a book, magazine or AV materials, a library card is necessary.
- Fill out the library card application form and submit an item with your address attached as proof of residence （driver's license, health insurance card or other） to the "library card issuance" window at counter 1 and we will issue you a library card.
- Take your library card and the book you want to check out, to the "issue desk"
- Other than the issue desk, located in front of counter 1 is the "automatic check out machine", which allows you to check out a book by yourself.
- The loan limit is 10 items per person. （You may take up to 3 of each of the following: large picture books, large picture story shows and AV materials）. The loan period is 3 weeks.
- Some items including reference books, local materials, newspapers, magazines and AV materials cannot be borrowed.
- Return materials to the "issue desk"
- When returning a book outside of opening hours, please use the "book return slot" located near the north-side entrance.（For AV materials, large picture books, large picture story shows and materials borrowed from other libraries, bring directly to the desk and do not use the slot.）
- You may borrow our materials, through your local library.
- Materials borrowed from our library may be returned to a different library. （Inquire for participating libraries）.
- We will help you find necessary books for your research and study.
- For materials relating to Gifu prefecture and maps, go to the local materials and map counter （2F）
- For children's books go to counter 1 （1F）
- For general inquiries go to counter 2 （1F）
- Inquiries may also be made by phone, e-mail, FAX and mail.
- You can make photocopies of library materials within the limits of copyright law. （some valuable and other books cannot be photocopied）
- When you want to copy part of a book, fill out the required application and submit it to counter 2 or the local material and map counter.
- Black and white and color copying are available.
- You can reserve on loan books, magazines and AV materials.
- You can make reservations from the library's website, at a library search station or at counter 2. （if using the website or a search station, a library card and a registered password is required）.
- The reserve limit is 5 items per person （no more than 3 AV materials）.
- If a book is not at our library, we will do our best to provide it for you, whether through borrowing it from another library, purchasing it or another means.
- If you have overdue materials, you cannot put anything on reserve.
- You can search the library's collection from the library website. If you have a library card and registered password, you can confirm materials you have on loan, have reserved and more.
- The library sends out e-mails about reserved materials.